Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chance of Change

"Do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think..." Romans 12:2


The world is filled with so many interests that appeal to the eye. So appealing that people can't seem to realize what's good and bad now days. People don't know how to control themselves when encountering certain situations were making decisions comes in. They can't seem to see what's really in front of them. That thin sheet of glass is called change.

The bible scripture at the top is a very special verse that reminds me to not copy what the world is today. The world has changed so much over the years. Teens getting pregnant at 16? Swearing with out censor on MTV? Dating shows for celebrities? What's all of this non-sense coming to mans mind. Everyone loses focus of being in control with their heart & mind. This second line of the verse ("but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think") has a different story.

I've been a fully devoted Christian for about a year now and it has made such progress in my life. I remember seeing this scripture from a good friend on Tumblr. It made me think about so many things and what the world is now. God has transformed me so much. The way i think, the way i speak, the way is see. He has basically changed me into a completely person person.

I remember summer of '09 i finally realized what was going on in my life. I wasn't going to church like before, i was falling behind in school, and most of all i was being influenced in the wrong way. But then i decided to go visit church one night and my life had changed since then. I felt as if a gigantic boulder crumbled off my shoulder as everyone greeted me, "i missed you micah" "how you been?". I never felted so loved and happy in my life. I've decided to keep coming to getting my life back on its feet. I've changed from good to bad and back to good.

Everyone deserves a chance to change their life back around. I'm not saying that you have to be Christian to have this happen to you but this is just really happened to me. I'm don't just some cookie-cutter talk to make you feel better but i feel people should realize that you change everyday. You're like clay being put into peoples hands, molded and shaped into what they want you do be. What not take a hold of you life and really think what you're doing.

1 comment:

  1. Micah, you did good job. You got your essay done!
    I really liked your essay a lot and I do feel that everyone deserves a chance to change. Your essay is good and I don’t know what else changes that you can make to your essay you described your own personal experience to how to you got the chance to change and become a better person. Maybe you should go a little bit more into detail and talk about a whole thing about the chance to change. And you had a lot of grammar errors, read over your paper again . haha. Other than that revise it a little and it’ll be good. Good job 

    -deshhha

    ReplyDelete